childlike hearts


One day some parents brought their children to Jesus so he could lay his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples scolded the parents for bothering him. But Jesus said, “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to those who are like these children.” And he placed his hands on their heads and blessed them before he left. [Matthew 19:13-15 NLT]

I love these kind of scenes from the gospels!
They show such a tender side of our Lord as he makes room and time for children.
Can't you see them climbing up on his lap and embracing him.

Children seem to know how to love like no others can love.
Their hearts are so tender and their love so genuine.
I think that these kids caused Jesus to smile as he held and blessed them.

Jesus says that the kingdom belongs to such as these naive kids.
It cause me to wonder about how I, unlike children, often think and act.
I sometimes choose to take such an analytical approach to spiritual life.

My focus and approach to life is so often so very 'adult'.
Instead of trusting God like a child I lean on my own understanding.
I think that it is a good reminder to live life as a child:
believing the best about others;
laughing and interacting with friends;
and loving God and others with all of our hearts.
Hard to imagine a better way to live.

Help me Lord to be more childlike in the way that I live.


... this devotion is part of the Red Letters series. Click here to read more.

1 comment:

  1. When I read these precious words, I can't help but think of the millions of children in heaven because of abortion. God values those little lives beyond measure and his kingdom is filled with them. They are not forgotten.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments and usually respond. So come back to see my reply.
You can click here to see my comment policy.