spiritual darkness


“As you know, the Passover celebration begins in two days, and I shall be betrayed and crucified.” At that very moment the chief priests and other Jewish officials were meeting at the residence of Caiaphas the high priest, to discuss ways of capturing Jesus quietly and killing him. [Matthew 26:2-4 TLB]


The contrast in these verses of scripture is so stark.
On one hand we see a picture of light and life - Jesus knew what was going on.
On the other hand religious leaders were operating in absolute spiritual darkness.

These leaders did not have a clue about what was really going on.
The differences are so glaring - the darkness of so blinding.
Such was the environment that Jesus lived in back then.

I think that the lessons in this passage are so teachable for us today.
When we operate in darkness we foster an environment where really bad things can happen.
And bad things were afoot as folks hid behind physical, and spiritual, closed doors.

Even so, God has a way of exposing this kind of darkness in our lives.
Over time this kind of scheming, both personal and corporate, always backfires.
God sees it all and eventually causes our dark deeds to be exposed in his light.

Shine your light on me Lord. Examine me and purge all darkness from me.


... this devotion is part of the Red Letters series. Click here to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments and usually respond. So come back to see my reply.
You can click here to see my comment policy.